Class Time Procedures
- No Eating or Drinking during class-- no exceptions.
- Show respect for other people, their ideas and their property.
- Be a good steward of the art room, the supplies and tools.
- Be Respectful of the person who is addressing the group. During studio work time you may visit with the people around you. You are expected to use your studio time to work on your art projects, if excessive visiting is keeping you are someone else from progressing at a reasonable rate a change in assigned seating will occur.
- Whatever mess you make, be prepared to clean it up yourself. Helping others to clean up will encourage others to help you. We have a great custodial staff, but their job is not clean up after individuals (and neither is mine). If you replace tools, equipment and supplies to their proper location, the next person can find them when they are needed. We will be working with some messy processes and messes are understandable, but disregard for clean up will result in added cleanup/housekeeping chores for you…most likely before school.
- Take care of tools and equipment. I am defining misuse as any use of any material/tool in a way other than it is intended for. You will be instructed in the correct usage of most of the materials we will be using. If you don’t know how something works, don’t guess—just ask for help.
- Return tools /equipment you borrowed during class to proper places. For some classes you will have items checked out to you, and you are responsible for those items and for their replacement cost if lost, damaged or stolen. Our supplies are purchased for art classes only- please do not help yourself to materials for project for another class.
- Please ask for permission to leave the classroom. You may not go the restroom, office, your locker…anywhere without the instructor’s permission. (sign-out sheet is near the door)
- We will follow school rules. There are reasons for rules and policies and I believe in following the school rules and procedures. Read your student handbook.
- Be prepared for class. You should ALWAYS bring a pencil to class. You should also have a sketchbook everyday. If you wish, you can store a pencil, eraser and sketchbook in your classroom portfolio.
- Working in the Art Studio during workshop or recess is fine (and encouraged)-- remember though, it is not a social time. You are welcome to come and work in the art room-- but please do not bring your friends in with you just to keep you company. It can be really distracting for the classes that are meeting in the art room. If you are coming in to work-- you are expected to be here in the art room the whole class period, and you are to be working....not distracting or visiting with other students meeting in a class.
- Keep track of your portfolios, projects and class materials. A space will be provided for these items. Be sure that you are only holding onto tools that are checked out to you specifically.
We have a limited amount of class time, so let's make the most of it!!!